Sunday, November 15, 2009

Negative Self Talk

Although it seems to never stop
there's a strange little voice inside
that nags and sometimes
even shouts..."you can't do that."


But I can do it! IF I don't believe I can't,
so how to convince myself I can?
Stop listening to the negative voice,
tune into that other quiet spirit
sometimes inaudible, just a feeling
"with FAITH anything is possible."
I like that feeling and surrender.


"I know better, I am here for a purpose,
I have potential and promises.
Someone knows me better than I do
He is my loving Heavenly Father."
I can ask for His support.

7 comments:

  1. Very inspirational message Lin. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that voice, too. I will need to work harder at not listening to it and keeping myself trying to meet my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing that voice way to often lately. That's for the uplift that you gave to me today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the inner voice.. Mine is pretty harsh on me.. I will try to do better...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know better. Such gentle correction. Thanks, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your post very much. Very nice and inspirational message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am too very hard on myself but learning to ease up ....motivating post Lin.

    ReplyDelete