Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hats Off!


Just spent a busy weekend visiting with Jeff and Rachel. Here's a photo of the newly engaged couple in our back yard. They both work nights, Jeff at UPS and Rachel as a neonatal nurse. So their sleep schedules will be somewhat compatible as they marry and set up a household together. It really made me aware having them around how important sleep is for all of us to function, and how difficult to try to switch from being awake at night to being awake during the day. There are many who do this to keep our society functioning, but I think it can take a toll on our health and functioning. I know when I can't sleep just one night and am up for a few hours when I should be sleeping that I drag the next day. So my hat's off to those we take for granted who serve us: policemen, hospital workers, mail and package handlers, truck drivers who deliver goods, and others who keep our society running smoothly working through the nights and sleeping during the days.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful pix. does she have an engagement ring? great smiles so they must be happy. and the wedding is, when? where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh never mind that last 2 ?...i continued to read and got the answer. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is this? I think he's been blessed for keeping such a positive attitude after a tough year. I was so impressed with your son's at the temple. You've raised some good men, Lin.
    The young couple look adorable and happy together!

    So, I raise my glass to their life as a family.

    ReplyDelete