Monday, November 19, 2007

Pick a NICKNAME...



Haven't written for a while as it seems only a few people were reading and or commenting on my blogs but maybe I just need to write for me...I wrote some comments on a new niece's blog today about names and then got to thinking about names. I wonder what name we were known as before we came to earth and if our earthly parents were inspired to name us the same name or something different. That could mean we are known by several different names: our heavenly parents' name for us, then our earthly names and those who know about a new name that too. BUT most of all we are known for our qualities and personality and sometimes we can discover those through special patriarchal blessings that are available or through interacting with close friends who build us up by complimenting us on our good qualities.

if you had to choose one quality to describe yourself in a positive light what NICKNAME would it be and why? I think I'd like to be known as a DEAR FRIEND, one who keeps confidences and tries to build up all my friends, tries to make new friends by showing an interest in others, and wants to treat my family especially my grand children as dear friend also. Tell me what your word would be. Email me if you can't figure out how to make a comment and publish it on my blog. It will make my day. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I just thought of another nickname I like besides MOM...GRANDMA. It took me until about age 59 to become a grandma so I was delighted when my son Daniel and his wife Tina adopted twin babies girls and named them Emilee and Heather. They were later joined by two baby boys Nathan and James all brought to our family in a special way and welcomed. My oldest son Frank and his wife Nedret had a baby boy named Hakan so now I am GRANDMA to five precious grandchildren and delighted to have achieved one of my life's goals...TO CALLED GRANDMA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know what my nickname would be. On Thanksgiving weekend I announced my new name was SculleryMaid. I still think it fits, not as a negative...just the facts, m'am. Just the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I haven't been peeking in lately...busy, busy and out of town and sickness...

    But...I'd like to be called, "Thoughfully Hardworking." Is that too long of a name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. While clicking through your blog, I realized we started our blogs at the same time. I checked over to see what you were saying as I too was getting started. I love your line about just needing to write for oneself. I have been blogging now for nearly 5 years, yet only about 40 people come by each day, and very few leave any comments, but I plan to keep writing for me. If nothing else, it's great fun to go back in time and see what I was doing and thinking at a particular time. Glad to see you have kept at writing too.

    ReplyDelete