Thursday, July 7, 2022

Goals for SUMMER

l-r Lin as single parent with three sons and
aunt Esther on left, aunt Gladys on right
I've decided it's time to LOOK BACK through my old journals and photos to see what LIFE HAS TAUGHT ME. As we interact with extended family members, they have lessons to teach us. 

In this first photo, I'm with two aunts Esther who struggled with bone cancer valiantly until her death-always positive and welcoming others into her home-she was a second mother to me. The other aunt Gladys married Esther's brother Norman who suddenly passed away in his sleep after he retired leaving Gladys to live alone well into her 90s. What examples both of them were/are to me. 
l-r Uncle DuWayne, Gpa Vernon,  
aunt Bonnie, Gma V, my mom

Other aunts Ethel and Bonnie also influenced me in many ways as I struggled to find my way. We have many who help us in navigating our lives. Our families filled with parents, grandparents, cousins, uncles not to mention friends and neighbors. We all need each other to help us. find our way.