Friday, September 3, 2021

Cooking Again...

Amazing how after 60 years of COOKING you get tired of it, BUT you don't get tired of EATING! It's been a long time since I've eaten Swedish Meatballs-a favorite of mine whenever we visited IKEA in SLC. But out closest IKEA is in Las Vegas which is about 1.5 hours of freeway traffic from here. So I decided I would try cooking my own meatballs. Unfortunately I didn't have a RECIPE but did have a cookbook of Swedish recipes and a laptop. https://therecipecritic.com/the-best-swedish-meatballs/ 

Years ago I was married to a Swede who was an amazing cook but I never helped make or even write down his recipe for meatballs. Now he is no longer with us having died of cancer many years ago. I thought how hard could it be to make MEATBALLS! So here is a photo essay of my journey. 

You need ground pork w/o spices, eggs, bread crumbs and

onions being  chopped by my helpful hubby

then comes the gooey part mixing it all together with your hands

Forming meatballs to fry reminds me of pottery class

After meatballs are browned then you bake them to finish cooking

Time to boil potatoes, mash, make gravy and add meatballs

Delicious over mashed potatoes, only missing lignonberries