Saturday, May 4, 2019

Past time for SPRING CLEANING

As our weather continues to get warmer, shall we say hot...84 degrees today and we turn on the air conditioning, I realize I somehow forgot about SPRING CLEANING. The stacks of piles of papers from my 78+ years of living and 12 of those years in ONE PLACE as retirees are piling up. Today I went through my stacks of books I've collected to read over the years and started them but never finished them.

Decided it was time to pass on those books I won't ever get to or have read to our local thrift store Deseret Industries. Thankfully hubby was willing to cart out 4 HEAVY cardboard boxes of books to the trunk of our car for delivery next week. In cleaning I discovered some gems that I'd like to reread during the hot summer months again.

Someday when I'm no longer around but have graduated from this life, my kids are going to wonder at all the books I've collected. I guess you could say I'm a SELF HELP basket case. Always wanting to improve myself and live a better life. Nothing wrong in that...plus being a RETIRED LIBRARIAN.

WHAT BOOKS DO YOU LIKE TO READ? Please share in a comment on my blog which I've now been doing for 12 years thanks to my friend Susan Hatch who encouraged me to get going many years ago.

2 comments:

  1. For pleasure reading I like mysteries. I am just finishing the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear. I read books exclusively on my Kindle now, so no shelves full of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the spring cleaning. I need to do that myself. I like mysteries, biographies, and self-help books...just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete