Saturday, March 2, 2019

POETRY IN THE PARK #10

Seven years ago I took over leadership of Poetry in the Park from LaVerna Johnson who started it in 2009 when she was Utah State Poetry Society president. She directed it for 3 years then as she turned 80, she retired and I vounterred to keep it going. Now I'm turning 79 this summer so it's time for me to find someone to take it over for me. I found a young energetic talented poet locally who teaches at Hurricane Middle School-Reuben Wadsworth whowill do a fantastic job and was my co-chair this year. Here's photos of workshop held yesterday on Friday, March 1, 2019 in Zion National Park.

34 poets attending including students scholarshipped by ZArts from DSU and SUU

Reuben Wadsworth the tall one and his students he brought along
Our visiting poet Kimberly Johnson form BYU was excellent
We had poets from all over attending from Kanab to Wyoming
Held at Zion Park Lodge, we had a full house
Kimberly Johnson helped us in learning to Pay Attention to our words
A beautiful location in any weather-ZION NATIONAL PARK
The wild turkeys were out in full force taking over the highway.

3 comments:

  1. All good things: A successful conference, beautiful location, and someone who can take over for you. Well done!
    Those turkey photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you found someone to take over for you who will do a good job. Way-to-Go, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it’s wonderful you found someone you know will carry on your good work for you. Those are really fat turkeys. It’s so amazing for me to see turkeys in the wild. I’ve never seen them anywhere in Illinois, that’s for sure.

    ReplyDelete