Friday, September 1, 2017

Welcome to SEPTEMBER-Goodbye AUGUST


The calendar turns over to a new month.
Goodbye to August and a hot hot summer,
welcome to September followed by
fall at last and welcome to cooling temperatures.

School has begun again for many not me,
family vacations are almost over after 
Labor Day's holiday as our sun moves 
further to the South, we will travel to Texas.

Sunrise comes later each day as
sunset arrives sooner in the evenings.
The sun is less intense as harvest time 
comes with its welcome succulent fruits.

Rewards for planting, tending and waiting 
for results patiently come to many
as we try to forget that cold winter days
are too soon to arrive and send us indoors.

What life season are you moving through
at this time? Some older people like me
would say winter, but inside my spirit remains 
young though I am ready for fall's harvest.

3 comments:

  1. Lin, I enjoyed your poem. I'd say I'm in harvest season at this stage of my life. Seems I've been growing towards this point in my life and now is the time to pick the fruit of lessons learned and wisdom gained.

    Wishing you a beautiful September ... how you must welcome the cool days.

    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit detete rather than publish but do want to share this comment from a blogger friend.

    Linda Reeder has left a new comment on your post "Welcome to SEPTEMBER-Goodbye AUGUST":

    I am a summer girl. I'm holding on to it until the calendar says it is fall.
    This morning, September, 1st, the song that popped into my head was "If I Could Turn Back Time", and it I could, it would be June 21.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice insights you've shared with us, Lin. I’m just stopping by to wish you a nice week.

    ReplyDelete