Friday, November 20, 2015

Value of Journaling

Well, it was time to clean off my desk and start weeding my paper stuff which accumulates faster than anyone can imagine. Mail comes in almost daily and I try to throw away or act upon those items that need my attention BUT what do you do with years/decades of old journals. You know what your spouse or kids will do after your funeral. toss them in the nearest recycle barrel. So I decide to help them out by doing that myself first but first I had to read each page-lol.

Our old home in New Harmony has lots of trees––we moved in 2017.
What can be gained from reading old journals? It's amazing the insights that can come as you see your life repeating itself with some of the same old procrastination faults still living with you today.
It can also be a healing process as you see the growth you have made dealing with some of the same issues again and again.

Hubby carefully calculates the curves for fittings.
One thought from reading my journals hit home with me. ˆWe must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so we can find the life that is waiting for us." That's a good thought for me, as I've lived my whole life with unrealistic fairy tales and dreams. i.e. Living happily ever after with little needed on my part because I deserved to be happy. LOL! Anyone else agree with that?

The model fits perfectly now to cut the boards to fit.

Well what I have discovered is LIFE IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE and situations will repeat themselves till we have learned its LESSON. And another important thought from my journal that I hope to be able to incorporate each day. "Our future depends on a healed past and a well lived present. " Not living for a better future but focusing on the present is so important.Rereading old journals can help you heal from past experiences.

Masking where the epoxy won't go saves lots of cleanup later.