Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Blessings we take for granted

Well, I survived the second cataract surgery. It was easier this time knowing what had happened last time. Although it was amusing to hear a nurse training a new tech in the operating room as we all waited for the doctor to appear. Actually I never saw the doctor either time but he was there, he tells me. Guess when you are all covered over with blankets and only one eye that is dilated showing through a cloth you don't see much of anything. You certainly need to trust the doctor, the machinery and workers.

Then comes the recuperation from two eye surgeries. My left eye is better but close vision is worse then my right eye is still dilated so it's about impossible to read anything without a magnifying glass. Thus I've been sleeping and watching netflix movies-a good excuse. But I thrive on working at the computer blogging, etc. I keep telling myself patience-time will heal all things. I do have friends with macular degeneration who are permanently disabled in their sight.

4 comments:

  1. Lin, Our vision is certainly a huge blessing, and I'm so glad you were able to get the surgeries. We hope and say a prayer that your eyes will recover and you can continue doing those things you love, ie. blogging, etc.

    Sending hugs,
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for you to have it all behind you. I have only had the surgery on one eye, and it did not make a total recovery because of lazy eye. It makes me a bit nervous about having another one done, but that is not an immediate need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminds me that I need to schedule an eye appt to see if my left eye is ready for the surgery. The right eye now has very sharp vision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... Jean ended up with "very sharp vision". I'm pretty sure that's what's in store for you pretty soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sooner, soonest.

    ReplyDelete