Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dental Detour

Smashaburger and a broken tooth,
what do they have in common?
Well, my tooth cracked after eating
that tasty burger as I chewed gum!

With lots of old fillings, it just gave way.
So it's time for a crown for my mouth
not my head. I paid an expensive visit
to my local dentist for a repair job.
Only $776, some drilling which wasn't fun,
several impressions that didn't work, then
it was time for a temporary crown so I can smile.
In two weeks, the porcelain crown will be ready.

7 comments:

  1. We are starting to crack our teeth now too. No fun. On the other hand, it's a whole lot more expensive to get a crown in Hawaii, so that might be something for you to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, our teeth are falling apart too, just like he rest of our bodies. We do have dental insurance though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my share of crowns. I don't even remember now which teeth are originals and which are crowns. I.e., I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, that IS NOT fun at all!! :( Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I hope it goes well. (This is the suffer to be beautiful part, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a crown done this winter.. not fun and not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't chewed gum in years, and the last tootsie roll I had cost me$302. Teeth are so expensive to keep looking great, and yet so important to your smile, face, and self esteem!

    ReplyDelete