Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blooming

I've been impressed lately by all that is blooming here in our desert environment. Just in my yard there are oleander bushes with red flowers, day lillies, yuccas with bright red tall skinny blooms, honeysuckle vines with their sweet white/yellow blossoms, Russian sage with lavender blooms, and an unknown tree next to the mimoza tree blooms. Even the perennials in my anniversary garden are blooming-can't remember their names except for the hollyhocks. Unfortunately I don't have lilacs but many cactuses are getting ready to bloom. Click to enlarge photos. Check out my photos from last spring.








 
Reminds me that we all have our own blooming and growing times. Some of us have even bore fruit-offspring. 

Life has many parallels in nature maybe because the same person in in charge? 

I do enjoy the promise of spring and summer followed by fall then that necessary rest period of winter. It's call the life cycle of nature.

8 comments:

  1. Are we even more beautiful in spring and fall, then? :-) Well, I guess every season in nature and life has its own beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture best with the building. And yes, our own cycles are much like those of the flowers around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and gorgeous, colorful flowers! Indeed, every season has its own beauty, but have to admit that spring and summer in the northwest are the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you were able to get some photos to share. Your plants are so different from mine and I like seeing other parts of the country..If I am a flower than I have lost some of my petals..LOL..
    Michelle From Rambling Woods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! I discovered Russian sage just a few years ago and now have three plants growing in my gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of irrelevant....but....your post has reminded me to keep on through this last full week of school. There are flowers in the desert. All things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of observing what blooms and grows in any part of the world I am fortunate to visit. Every place has it's own kind of beauty. We saw the beauty of the desert in March when we traveled in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete