Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Family's coming

It's Spring break for college and elementary school students and we'll be having family come to visit us the next few weekends. Today my youngest son Jeff and his wife Rachel are arriving and will stay until Sunday. They live about 4 hours away but with all the snow in No. Utah I haven't been up that way since Christmastime to see anyone. We've hibernated for the winter months. I was going to visit a few weeks ago but all my grandkiddies were sick so I stayed home.

Next weekend my oldest son Frank, his wife Nedret and their son Hakan will be visiting from New Mexico. It will be their first visit to Utah since my mom's death over two years ago. Can't wait to see them. Then the following weekend is a SURPRISE family visit for a special occasion that will remain a secret until then. Too bad families live so far apart these days. We have kids and grandkids in Utah, New Mexico, California and Washington state but through the Internet we can keep in touch. Where do your kids live or your parents if they are still around?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy happy time coming up - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will be very happily busy...My only child is about 4 hours south of here. My brother lives in MD and my sister VA. My Dad is in FL and of course my mother is here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to seeing you as well mom.. and running away from juniper pollen and sneezing will be a welcomed event for me...:)would you like anything from here please let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does sound like a fun time ahead and I know you'll be enjoying yourself and your kids and grandkids! My four kids are scattered all over the country, Texas, California and Michigan and, of course, my son here in Seattle. Thank goodness for the internet that makes it so easy to stay in touch because it's sometimes a LONG stretch between visits. Enjoy your time with your kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you will have some lovely weekends. I'm jealous. I'm back in your area now (I've been north with hubby for a week), and enjoying the weather. My mom is just an hour away from here, but my sons are in California ad South Carolina--too darn far away.

    You're right, thank heavens for computers and SKYPE--at least we can see their faces each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is going to be so much fun! do they have favorite dishes they like you to cook for them? I'll be waiting to see the great photos and read of the family adventures. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With my son in New Mexico and my daughter in Chicago, I can certainly relate to what you're saying, Lin. Have a wonderful time with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fortunate you are to be having your family over, from time to time. And also enjoying a retired life! My parents are no more, I have only one child- a son who lives 12 hours away, in Delhi, but can hardly come home. I am a Prof. of English at an Indian University, and a Poet, writing in English.

    ReplyDelete