Saturday, September 10, 2016

Challenging Art Project

I was so excited to make some glass flowers for my back yard after seeing a fellow bloggers instructions and so I began gathering different shaped and colored glasses to assemble my project. This part went well and was fun BUT then came the challenging part of gluing my flowers together. I didn't get the recommended glue but chose something else available at Walmart that promised to be great. It wasn't...thus the CHALLENGE begins. Need to find some stronger glue..to be continued. I won't give us this easily...

it was fun to gather colored glass and try out different possibilities with shapes/colors
Next came the challenge of gluing them together these dollar store pieces.
I had to weigh them down as the glue was slippery-should have guess something was wrong
Trying not to tbe messy, I ruined my hubby bests gluing gloves...oh well!
 
Then in the middle of the night, one of my creations slipped and crashed to the floor

4 comments:

  1. You're going to have some pretty glass flowers once you use the correct glue. I've been wanting to make some of these, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lin, this looks like so much fun! I sure hope you find the right glue. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for trying this project. You and anyone else who tries this needs to know that the "glue" is not really a glue, it is a silicone sealant. Be sure you get the right stuff.
    Lin, I hope you got back on track and have a successful outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a whole lot of fun. This is the kind of thing that gets your creative juices flowing, isn't it? Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete