Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Waiting and PATIENCE


The other day while standing in a long line
to buy groceries for another week. I noticed
the differences in people's reactions to waiting.

Some were relaxed, enjoying the moment
while others were almost frantic with lost time
that could never be regained in their busy day.

I thought about that as an attitude many have
towards their life––not living in the moment.
Observing others can teach important lessons.

Taking time to LEARN from each experience
helps you NOT to waste time whatever you do.
Then you can progress and SMILE at life.

3 comments:

  1. Lin, I spent an hour and a half in the Apple store today because my I5 didn't want to make any noise. It wasn't the settings, so had to be a problem. On entering the store, which was packed with people looking for I6, a young lady took my name and scheduled an appointment..probably 45 minutes or so, she said. Well, it was a long hour, although I could keep up with email. The good news is that I got a new phone! And since I had backed up to the cloud, I could restore everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I can be patient one day while waiting, and irritated another day. I also realize that when i see someone else being impatient, it causes me to behave more patiently.
    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my husband, a long line would be his version of hell.

    ReplyDelete