Saturday, November 17, 2012

Brainstorming

Having a fun time, letting my Right Brain come up with ideas for my new WIP (work in progress). It's interesting how that happens. First of all, how the concept for a new book comes. I call it inspiration as I definitely believe in a higher power. It's a book I have to write for me to complete some healing and with the desire to help others with the wisdom I gained from dealing with divorce and all the lessons that entails. If I hadn't journaled and written poetry during that transition I don't think I would have survived intact.

Now I want to share what I've learned in my book DISCOVERING YOUR VOICE AFTER DIVORCE. I never wanted my children to have to face this trial, but it's becoming more common place in our society with about one out of every two marriages ending in divorce which is a disaster. This will be a writing workbook to help men and women who are in the process of divorce to regain their feelings of SELF WORTH and HEAL. In other words a practical self-help book written from an educational viewpoint and from my experience.

Here's how my TABLE of CONTENTS goes: (this material is now copyrighted as I publish it here, but I'm looking for new ideas or additions to make this writing workbook more effective-leave a comment for me with suggestions. My publishing goal is Spring or Summer 2013. I'm having fun using clipart.com to design all my chapter headings...any suggestions?)










INTRODUCTION: Fairy Tales and Other Myths
1. What is VOICE: Each of Us is Unique
2. Inner VOICES: Silence Your Critics
3. Using WORDS: Power of Thoughts and Emotions
4. JOURNALING: Just the Beginning
5. HEALING and RECOVERY: Stages of Grieving-Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance
6. New DREAMS: Anything is Possible
7. Fill Your WELL: Make Time For You
8. YOUTH WORRIES: Am I At Fault?
9. RISKING Again: Use Your Voice
10. SAFETY ZONE: Expect Opposition
11. ACT don't REACT: Be an Observer
12. Finding HOPE: Don't Give Up
APPENDIX: Material on dealing with Abuse, Addictions, etc.

3 comments:

  1. I have no advice on this topic, but I wish you well in your endeavor. It looks well thought out and could be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin... What a special work in progress. Thanks so much for giving us such a lovely peek into where you are headed with this. I can imagine that so many will be blessed and helped by your book.

    Wishing you clear vision for every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a dynamo! I admire your energy, creativity, and passion.

    ReplyDelete