Sunday, January 29, 2012

Courage and Art Projects

Sometimes courage is that little voice that at the end of the day says...I'll try again tomorrow. It takes courage to start doing ART JOURNALING-overcoming the negative voices that try to stop you. With my friend and art teacher Caryn's help, I started Zentangle designs now for a new challenge-art journaling.

This is a torn tissue paper collage with poster paint underneath
smeared on with an old credit card. Below is stenciling.

Hopefully my work will improve with time and practice. I haven't done much with art other than book covers and a few flyers on my computer, so it's been a challenge to try painting, inking designs, etc. I can be creative with words, but art medium is a reach for me.

I'm enjoying Art Journaling. Above is my first print collage
made from the latest ads in a JCPenney catalog that came.

Trying to add some wise saying or quotes for interest.
Click to make the pages larger so you can read them.

On the right is a 3-D collage with some old silk flowers
and a little zentangle added designing.

Also found an art bag on wheels with a handle for my supplies,
used a half price coupon so it was reasonable. HURRAH!

It fun to paint, stamp, glue and ink designs-messy, creative and relaxing.

6 comments:

  1. What neat art projects....I just love your courage to try all manner of new experiences, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There doesn't seem to be an end to your creative talents and the fact that you are willing to try new things speaks very highly of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really beautiful, Lin. You should be proud of yourself! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great art journal. I should give it a whirl!!!

    ReplyDelete