Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time to leave for Iceland


My next post will come from Iceland or on the way there. Leaving from the Las Vegas airport today, I fly to Seattle then on Icelandair across Northern Canada over the Hudson Bay to faraway Iceland. It's 6 hours difference in time from Utah, so I'll have some jet lag to overcome. I leave home at 7 am to take the shuttle to Las Vegas then fly to Seattle 1.5 hrs and from there arriving in Iceland 8 hrs later the next day.

There was an article recently in the local Desert News, section Church News about Vilborg's hometown on the Westman Islands. Seems there is a museum there and I will be meeting the director and touring that area soon. Click the article for photos and info on that area.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Lin! I'm so excited for you. I'm not visiting blogs as much these days, following my doctors orders. However, I'll be catching up here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy journey and have a fabulous trip .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have even known what to pack for such a trip..safe travels..

    ReplyDelete