Friday, June 3, 2011

Not taking things PERSONALLY

Wow is that a big STUMBLING block in my life.
How about you? Here's an example-REJECTION
from publishers/distributors of my newest book.
How do you NOT take that personally? It isn't easy.

Life is a process. There will be good and bad
experiences. I KNOW that. So why do I always
EXPECT only the good and not roadblocks
along the way. Guess I'm just HUMAN like you.

I can talk the talk ACT don't REACT but when
it comes time to walk the walk-that's different.
I take it personally. When I feel rejected by
someone especially family it's hard to ACT.

WRITING about my feelings helps a ton and
becoming an OBSERVER-trying to figure out
what is happening INSIDE of me at all times
and trying to STOP those negative little voices.

7 comments:

  1. Once again ,very motivating lines.Yes at time it does get difficult to face rejection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend to you, Lin! I hope you have a really good one. Maybe the grandkids will do or say something thrillingly profound and it will help lift the spirit for you.

    Great post and, I feel the same...there are some things I can't help but take personally. I continue to work on that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so hear you and understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course we take it personally. We've poured out our hearts in our writing, and they have rejected it. It's heart-breaking. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being rejected does hurt. Of course we take it personally. It means others don't value us they way we think we deserve to be valued.
    It's how we deal with rejecion that matters. Pain is supposed to be a teacher. We have to find the lesson in it and make adjustments, then move on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I don't like the rejections from publishers and agents but I don't get too down as much. I realize it is so subjective and all it takes is ONE person to change everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard not to take it personally...

    ReplyDelete