Friday, June 10, 2011

Making the MOST of each day

As I was sitting in my air conditioned living room
reclining in my comfy chair drinking ice water,
I thought about how blessed I am to be retired,
living in this area where I do have a lovely home.

It's too easy to get discontented because we want more,
excitement, communication or stimulation in our lives.
Then you hear of other's health or family problems,
and feel ashamed for being so greedy and lacking gratitude

for the blessings of each day which are abundant:
just the opportunity to breathe in and out easily,
mobility to walk without a cane or crutch is major,
and family to love and care about fills out the list.

Life is GOOD when we look for the BLESSINGS!

7 comments:

  1. yes, we are very blessed....no matter how bad life may be there's always a rainbow at the end of every storm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always count my blessings and can't thank God enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm blessed for your presence in my life via our blogging.

    What a lovely posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how i wish Robert could retire before the mill kills him. i'm tired of being grateful he has THIS job....we will be looking for another in more earnestness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true your words are...I often think about the troops who are far from home and sweating with no comforts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true and I try to find those special things in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are so many people who would love to have a "normal" day again...whenever I get grumbly mumbly, I think of them and enjoy my normal.

    ReplyDelete