Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A new month...wow!

I can't believe how fast time is passing.
Counting up my many unfinished projects,
the number was twenty with more being added
as I write. I can't say NO to my creative self.

So what's in store this month?
Thanks for asking, I tell my husband smilingly:
a writers workshop I'm co-chairing, and
a Youth Poetry Contest and Celebration,

then a new opportunity to teach a creative poetry
workshop in Mesquite, Nv, and a title for a new book
Find the POET Within, a need to edit and self publish
at last my rejected book without a publisher
Family Home Evenings...I CAN DO IT!
At least I don't get bored being retired...

8 comments:

  1. I don't get bored in retirement, either. There's always a list of things I need to get to some day, but in the meantime I love the slower pace of my life now and the opportunity to do (almost) only the things I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look around me and see lots of unfinished projects...but I love the luxury of doing what I want, when I want to. Although I should put a finish time on some of my projects or they will never be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your drive and resilience. I think it's wonderful that you accomplish so much, as well as not getting stuck on things that didn't go the way you wanted them to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your brand of busy!

    Lin, I recommend Lulu. There are ways to publish with Lulu and make your book available on Amazon.

    The quality of the printing and of the paper and the binding of their books is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to finish up some sewing projects before I take off for a while. I'm hoping the weather will turn and allow gardening soon.
    I like getting things finished, but it's always good to have something else in the works. It sounds like you have plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry that you can get a publisher as I enjoy your writing so much and I know others would too...

    ReplyDelete