Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Misunderstandings

I'm in the middle of a communication problem.
What I thought I said was taken in a different way
and feelings were hurt and a relationship broken.
Now, what to do? I apologized, but it wasn't accepted.

So life continues, I will try to be more careful with words,
check for understanding as I teach and interact with others.
Friendships can grow and blossom or stagnant and die.
Sometimes it's not a choice we can consciously make.

Thanks goodness for a loving friend Caryn who understands
and gives support plus a listening ear when needed.
My heart grieves but there is little I can do to mend
the hurt perceived, not given knowingly. SORRY!
(p.s. We were finally able to talk face to face
and resolved our miscommunication...)

8 comments:

  1. So sorry for the moment in which you are experiencing. I've been in your shoes a few times but I have come to the conclution that I if I do what God asked me to do which is to apologize, then I did the right thing and I tried to mend the tares between us. If they do not want to care for me anymore that's okay...I am at peace and they now have to live with the grief of facing the Lord someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do some people just look for chances to get their feelings hurt? It seems so.
    You did what you could. The ball's in her court.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to clear the air and resolve the misunderstanding. It's painful to go through. I'm glad you faced it head on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that it all worked out .
    Hello Lin, how are you doing ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the get out the mitts and smack down to these silly, petty misunderstandings. It's sad to lose a friend but when a 'friend' like this is lost, I wonder if there was a friend to begin with. Thanks, Caryn for being there for Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These things happen. I am sorry. A little grace sure does go a long way....

    ReplyDelete