Thursday, March 3, 2011

Making a COLLAGE

In my Artist's Way class, we made collages the other day. How fun to look through old magazines and cut or tear out images or words that resonated with us to make a VISION BOARD where we will list our GOALS. You learn so much about yourself from this exercise-just taking the time to examine what it is that you like or aspire to. Then pasting it all together and examining it to explain to the class is a real MIND OPENER. I've done it many times in the past and each time I learn more about me.

Our sweet instructor Mary who does such a great job teaching us.

Here we are looking through old magazines.

Sharon's finding lots of stuff she likes.

Here's my finished poster, click to see it bigger. I love the southwest beauty and genealogy. My goals in the center are: explore digital photography, work on my self image, develop a business plan for marketing my books, plant some flowers, and eat healthier. It's already working-I went and got a perm and haircut yesterday.

Bonnie is a gifted artist who shares freely of her talents with others.

7 comments:

  1. I hope your goal includes spending at least as much time in having fun as in improving yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of doing this before but never have. I think I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, and what a great bunch of people getting together. Looks like a beautiful, peaceful time in a beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin you have great friends. You all have such fun times together. I'm jealous...have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember doing a bunch of these in college. It was so much fun. Lin, you do the most fun, creative things!

    ReplyDelete