Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Slowing DOWN

Doing well on my early morning walks at 6:30 am
but it's dark when I get up at 6 am as fall is coming.
So nice to have a new neighbor to walk and talk with,
makes exercising so much more interesting as I try
to walk as fast as she does. Soon our half hour is over.



Still doing water aerobics but it's cooling;
instead of 80 degrees at 8:30 am, it's 60.
Brr! "Oh, I miss the hot mornings." But
they are not gone, just subdued by monsoons
and even infrequent rain showers.


I have a long list of TO DOs this month. but don't let
them dominate me unless there is some kind of deadline
attached. I like to work on what interests me when I
want to and not because I have to. Had too much of that
in my pre-retirement days of teaching and mothering.


Now I have my own schedule-take a nap when
needed, which seems to be every day. School's
soon starting for the kiddies. It's a relief to be
free of that responsibility. Been off for 9+ years
now, amazing how fast retirement goes by.

7 comments:

  1. I've always admired those who could get up early to exercise. I'm much more of a night owl who needs those morning zzzzzs. I do use my treadmill though, just a bit later.

    Time does slip by so fast. This is the 5th year I haven't had to go back to school. I especially miss it when I talk to my grandchildren. I would have LOVED to teach them in 6th grade. That's where one of them will be this year.

    This post hit home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grounded from walking for a while due to a flare up of plantar fasciitis. It deffibately cramps my style, but we have a mini-heat wave coming, so I'll be sitting it out anyway. I can't imagine 80 degree mornings. Sorry, but that sounds just horrible. I do not tolerate heat well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love being able to choose what needs to be done as well as when it needs to be done. As a teacher, I was constantly stressed out by the mound of things that needed to be done before the next day's classes. I've been retired for six years, which seems unbelievable. I haven't regretted it one bit.I suppose I should admit that I did stop and ogle the back-to-school supplies at WalMart yesterday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find early morning walks give me energy for the rest of the day. I suppose I'm an odd duck but I prefer to walk alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning walk is the best of all exercises .You look wonderful in this picture(sidebar),looks like you have shed a lot of weight .
    I have missed you .Thanks for your words of welcome .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo on your sidebar...Lucky..lucky you Lin.. I like to plan things, but I always have to leave things flexible with my energy level. Oh for the days when I could just get up and do..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get on my treadmill every morning at about 9am and find that gives me the boost I need to get throught the day. And those naps? yeah, I love them too!

    ReplyDelete