Monday, August 16, 2010

A Poem for my friend Mary

SUDDENLY by Lin Floyd

Little Mary Quite Contrary
decided to bike over
to see her aged parents.
Taking goodies to share,
it wasn’t long before she was there.

Stopping her bike, she tried to unload
only to find herself
suddenly dumped and lying
next to her bike
with her goodies spilled all over.


Shocked and shaking, she tried to get up
only to discover
strong pains in her side
as several ribs were bruised,
maybe even broken.


Oh no! Maybe Mary should have
stayed at home and
invited her aged parents
to cvisit her and
bring her goodies instead.

6 comments:

  1. I hope this isn't you!! you certainly have a lot to do today it sounds like:) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh..was this you Lin..or just a fun poem....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a poem for my friend Mary who is recuperating but probably won't ride her bike again for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had days kinda like that when my daughter was little. I thought the family story might be entitled "Embracing Irony" back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...here's sending feel better wishes to Mary.

    ReplyDelete