Sunday, November 1, 2009

November is here!

I read an article the other day in the news that said "Life is long but time is short." That's how I feel today as we start another new month, end daylight savings time, and are almost to the end of another year. Time is going too fast although my life has been long-69 years so far, it seems like I've rushed through most of it. Always looking forward to another time that would be better, rather than experiencing the NOW MOMENT. I have had that feeling while on vacation also. So many times, I've just wanted to stop rushing about, rest and let the moment sink in.

Looking back at this past month, there are moments I would like to remember as I focused on CONNECTING. Moments of happiness, self reflection, inspiration, depression and loss. Even the down moments helped me get going again. I overcame a nasty cold, cough and sickness that lasted two weeks, visited with family in Northern Utah, restarted my husband's life story, helped him with his archery meet, started a utah geology class, finished the Writer's monthly newsletter, and blogged daily. Also got my vol. 2 together to republish my book with all my articles with my son Daniel's help and submitted several poems to a competition-so it's been a productive time. This month of November I want to try to cherish more moments together with my family and make time last longer. My words to focus on for this month are SLOW DOWN and ENJOY!

8 comments:

  1. Time always seems so arbitrary to me, especially on the clock-change days. But 'time' isn't the same as 'now'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished so much! I am striving to have more experiences in my life but will try to experience them a little slower and more thoroughly. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your energy and ability to do whatever you want is always an inspiration to all of us, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin;

    Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy every minute. I seem to spend my minutes foolisly sometimes. You are a wise Yoda for me!
    Hope next week is all that you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found while teaching that I was constantly so overwhelmed with preparing lessons, reading essays, reading novels to teach, etc., that I seldom took the time to slow down and appreciate the moment. Now that I'm retired, I can finally do that. I'm not doing it enough yet, but I'm getting there. It's scary to think that at least 2/3, perhaps even 3/4 of my life is behind me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you, Lin. October always seems like a whirlwind. November brings calm and stillness. Let's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that October is behind us. Your post remimded me of a journal entry that I had the kids do at the end of each month. They were to reflect and write about their best day and their worst day of the month that just ended. It was often quite interesting. You certainly accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me think about what I accomplished this past month as I feel I don't get much done. But even being sick we did get the yard and bird feeders ready....thank for making me stop and think about it...

    ReplyDelete