Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Saw a Toad...

today in our front patio and it reminded me of my many poems and thoughts about kissing a frog and finding your Prince Charming. But there is also another side to that story.

The new Disney movie "Princess and the Frog" has a scene where the Princess gives in and kisses the frog so he can turn into a Prince and guess what? She turns into a frog. I laughed and laughed when I saw the preview. Growing up as I did with fairy tales and always wanting to live happily ever after, life was disappointing just like that scene. I needed a divorce in order to escape becoming like my frog. Click here to see the Disney trailer-it is too funny.

But then another frog came along and this one didn't know he was a Prince in disguise. His wife had divorced him and so his self worth was down. He was sure he was a frog but when we met, I sensed something else about him. Although we didn't kiss right away, now after 16 years of marriage I know he really is a Prince in disguise, but he still doesn't know it. Working with him on his life story, has been enlightening for him though challenging to sort out his accomplishments and perceived failures. Oh so, cathartic for both of us.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Lin, I am so enjoying you and your Prince's journey together as you write his history! How wonderful life's journey has brought you each what you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid frog kissing is a part of life. Ha! Glad you found your prince. Maybe I will someday, too. By the way, 24 pounds?!?! Great! I've got to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute story! I have never had to kiss a frog! LOL. My prince knows he is a prince! I keep telling him so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the Disney trailer and it IS funny. I love Disney movies, or claim I do. I've actually seen maybe three in my lifetime.

    Your personal frog-to-a-prince story is wonderful. You sound like a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this fun post, Lin. Great going! Good for you in recognizing your prince and seeing past the frog disguise of his own making. How lucky for both of you. After seeing the trailer, I want to see that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful to be with the right person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were lucky the second time. I'm still singing the tune...Someday my prince will come...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom you are funny, I kissed few frogs and dragons, and I really could not stand those silly stories of princes and princesses when I was a little girl, I knew that they were all made up, I don't know why. I guess I was raised very opposed to oligarchy, so princes and kings did not fit in..my dad always said that I was the one who will ride the horse by myself to the sunset at the end of the day.. but I found a good looking guy, who is a total keeper(thanks to you) and good mate to ride to the sun set as long as we both have our own horses.. oops now we have to get one for Hakan too LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your prince story Lin...I went and watched the clip...I will have to see this movie..so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate for your wonderful post.Very nice and interesting story.

    ReplyDelete