Saturday, November 28, 2009

Baby Shower

It's going to be a girl named Lorien. I made a decorative name sign for her room just like I have for all my grandkids out of stuffed felt. (Click photo to enlarge.)

This is a bootie, sweater and cap I knitted for my first baby in 1965 but he (Frank) was not a girl so I've saved it for 44 years (and the births of three more sons) for a grand daughter to be. My first two grand daughters were twins and adopted at age 9 months so this set didn't work for them. It will be a shower gift for my daughter-in-law Rachel who is expecting a GIRL on Dec. 29th.

10 comments:

  1. Love the felt name sign, Lin, and what a beautiful sweater set. It's been waiting patiently for just the right little girl, and apparently Lorien is the one! (Lorien is a pretty name. I'd never heard it before.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful name and outfit! I wish I had the patience and talent for knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post about the outfit-in-waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet sweater set for the new granddaughter. How wonderful it will be for you to see her in it. And how neat that you saved it all these years. The name sign is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...that is going to be one very lucky loved little baby girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet she looks beautiful in that outfit. God bless all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At long last, that beautiful little sweater set will have an owner. What an occasion for celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such a sweet story...oh,how special your granddaughter is going to look wearing this cute sweater set.The name sign is very beautiful...you make me say this again and again.LIN YOU ARE AMAZING !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lin. That was one of our two choices for my first daughter. We were going to name her Lorien or Amaura. Cute! I'm glad you were able to finally use the adorable sweater.

    ReplyDelete