Monday, October 5, 2009

Blogging Advice

Just discovered quite by accident that all the photos I've uploaded to this blog are stored in Picasa owned by Google. Never knew that before. I have more than 1000 photos and clipart there that are available for anyone to download. That's both good and bad. I can go into that website and organize my photos into folders or delete them, but I'm a little bit shocked that I didn't know they were being stored there. Much to learn about blogging even though I've taught several classes on it already and blogged for almost 2 years. It's a learning discovery process-if something doesn't work, then you struggle to find out why or ask another blogger.

Thanks to my mentor Susi Q my friend who has helped me and encouraged me to get started blogging. Check out her blog sometime-she's recuperating from two falls that broke her ankle and wrist so that's slowed her down some. Just got a loyal friend and reader award from a new blogging friend Janie B-check out her blog. I'd like to pass this award on to five of my many loyal readers: Kay, Cheryl, Brenda, Deborah and Sandy. Thanks for your comments-you are appreciated, also Michelle and Kavita-check out their blogs. I love reading and commenting on all your blogs. It's fun to meet new people and make friends from around the world.

6 comments:

  1. Great!!! Congratulations.Even i was concerned about Picasa and even Face book stores our pictures as i have heard.
    Lin ,thanks for your advice,i will try to change the font color...one thing i still don't know is to..how to create a link like you have done here..Thanks for your appreciation,it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that the photos were saved in Picasa, but I'm incompetent at clip art so I didn't know about those being saved too. Both my sons share family photos on their Picasa sites, so I have wandered around there a little.

    How is your class going? I saw it in the catalog and considered driving over to take it, but realized I would have to miss several sessions. I'm sure your students are learning a lot and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch, Lin. I've added you to my side bar with Janie.

    I'd still love to know a good site for clip art. I haven't found any good free places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks Lin! I was tickled to read your post. I will try and figure out how to add it to my side-bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information, Lin. I'll have to check my photos, see if I need to delete any...the ugly ones. hahaaa

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lin..I think you can set your settings to private on Picasa as mine are. They still show up on the blog, but not in a search.... Michelle

    ReplyDelete