Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Act don't React


So easy to say, so hard to live
but I'm working on it as I begin
again on my husband's life story.
Is this case acting is doing.
and reacting is avoiding.

It feels good to be expending
the effort to finish something
started long ago-16 years to be
exact when we first married
and I decided to get to know
him better, his family, childhood
dreams and ambitions in life.

It hasn't been easy as hubbies
are not talkers, mine isn't.
But with gentle prodding and
much patience, the story is
coming out, being recorded
for his posterity and him.
Sometimes, it feels easier
to give up but that's a reaction.
Instead, I choose to ACT.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! What fun it must be to really look back into the past with your loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin,it is a great example for many of us ....to cherish all that matters in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going! May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you are writing his story! I hope it comes easy:) Probably not, though, huh? If he is anything like my husband--a man of few words.

    ReplyDelete