Monday, August 10, 2009

A Mouse Tale

Tripped by a little mouse you say,
putting its little foot in your way?
No, that would be quite silly.
It wasn't a real mouse just one
hooked to my computer.
When I stood up quickly to get
my laundry to fold, the cord
connecting it entangled my foot
and down I went with a big kerplunk.

I startled my husband sitting nearby
at his computer working away,
so quietly (quiet as a mouse).
Suddenly his wife went flying by
and landed not too gracefully,
on the floor next to his desk chair.
He was surprised, but ever helpful
as he's been a boy scout forever.

As I lay there not knowing
if I was okay, he commented
What happened? As if I knew.
Further observation proved
there were no broken bones
as I landed on my soft bottom
still wondering what had happened,
until I felt the mouse's tail
wrapped tightly around my ankle.

Now, I know my tech savvy son
would say-Mom, why did you buy
a mouse with a cord when it could
have been wireless and safer?

Too late to teach this old dog
new tricks, but now my mouse's
long tail is tightly wrapped with
a rubber band to keep me safe.

8 comments:

  1. Golly, I loved this poem!

    I have triped once or twice on my old mouse tail too. But no more, my son gave me his old cordless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...loved this, at your expense unfortunately!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cordlass mouse does sound like a great idea. Mine frequently has too short of a tail. Hope your "tail" isn't bruised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were stricken by an attack mouse!
    How dreadful! So glad you are not seriously hurt - falls can be so dangerous.
    Mame

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha hahahaha... oops! Would a REAL friend be laughing at the thought of you splayed out on the ground uncertain of the condition of your bones? Probably not... but, I just can't help myself. The incident may or may not have been funny, but your description of it is hilarious!!

    I gotta tell you,... I LOVE my cordless mouse, and my wireless keyboard, and not tripping and sliding ever so ungracefully across the floor with a mouse tail wrapped around my ankle. You ought to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the pet on a short leash now. May you be well and safe. I am glad your husband was there to help you up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness you were OK, Lin. I probably would have broken a bone. I was thinking those laser mice would be pretty nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh., but I am so happy that you weren't hurt...

    ReplyDelete