Saturday, August 1, 2009

August is Here!

At this rate, summer will soon be over. Looking back on summer (June and July) so far list some HIGHLIGHTS for you in your comment. Here are my TaDahs:

1. Trip to No. Idaho and decision NOT to go into debt to buy a summer place after spending our married life together working to be debt free in our retirement. It feels good!


2. Finally publishing my first book LOOKING BACK...at the "Good Old Days" that I'm trying to sell for $10 each and not give away free to everyone for printing costs like I have all the other many family history and poetry books I've written in the past.


3. Sticking with my exercise plan 4-5 times a week 1-1.5 hours daily of water aerobics. My body is thanking me for finally getting in better shape. Still loosing about 1 pound/week and trying to keep it off.


4. Taking the summer off from teaching a gadzillion classes for church, and community. We all need a break in our routine just to keep fresh. Will be teaching again in September.


5. Trying to take Artist's dates just with myself-going shopping or taking a drive alone or visiting a dear friend or going to lunch. Some activity that fills my well. Also making time for weekly dates with hubby.

8 comments:

  1. That's a great list of accomplishments, Lin. Congratulations for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-you have been very busy but obviously very fulfilled in all you have done. Thats the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is all sounding GOOD!!! As a younger woman I really preferred to go to lunch or shopping or for a drive with a buddy... "Artist's Dates" were hard for me. Now, I find that I enjoy all of the activities you mentioned alone. Of course, there is the disappointment of not being able to say, "Would you LOOK at that?" and there is a slight disadvantage in not having someone with you to tell you whether or not a pair of pants looks good as you're walking away... But, I have at long last learned to like my own company.

    Exercising and taking a sabbatical are fabulous... and of course, putting your book together is something to be very proud of.

    Wayne has never, NEVER gone into debt. We bought a couple of our homes on a 15 year mortgage which he fought hard to pay off sooner. Everything else...EVERYTHING... he has insisted on paying cash for. I think I told you that he said he's always made a car payment, every month of his life. He just pays it to his own bank account so when we needed a car, he had the money on hand to buy it. He's tight with money... but, he's good with it. He knows how to make it work for him. He just needs to learn to enjoy it a little more.

    Good summer, Lin! I need to take a minute to consider my TaDah's. Maybe my frustration level will drop a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ,you have got a very impressive list of accomplishments...no debts,exercising,a new book,artist's date wow.....congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, summer seems to be racing by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make some good moves there, Lin. Good for you. I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always a bit shocking to me when August arrives. But then I remember that since I've retired, summer can continue right on into September. No back to school for me.
    We have accomplished all ofour big home and garden chores, so August will be laid back around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your weight lose and sticking to your exercise. I NEED to do that...

    ReplyDelete