Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Role of Adversity

It was an unexpected visitor, 
I opened the door unknowingly.
Coming in quickly and quietly, 
it spread throughout the room.

I realized too late what had happened, REGRETS multiplied.
Unable to move, letting the reality of the moment settle;
drowning in despair, I could not break loose from its grip.
Struggling only increased its tentacles around my heart
till I though I would burst. A muffled scream escaped my lips
Why me, it's just not fair-I didn't ask for this or want it
My life was so carefully planned and then this happened
WHY?

But LIFE is what happens...while you are making other plans
and would continue whether or not I did. The only choice for me
was to act OR react. Step aside and OBSERVE what was happening
then seek for strength and guidance from God to carry on,
not stuck in ANGER but finding needed FORGIVENESS.
Letting go, learning from the experience, healing and time
were necessary for TRUST to return to my life after the DIVORCE.

Another POEM:

REJECTION comes again and again waiting for recognition due BUT not expressed. ABANDONMENT sits alone, waiting for rejection which always comes as expected. SELF ESTEEM wanes when buffeted by the voices of rejection,
and abandonment. Who am I? No answers can be heard over the tumult of buffeting waves. ANGER hides behind DEPRESSION waiting to perform its quiet dance of destitution.

5 comments:

  1. Adversity does strengthen us, doesn't it? That's what my mom used to always say. I say it does strengthen us if it doesn't kill us first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your opening lines are gripping. They set the tone for your article beautifully. Your writing grows in depth and wisdom daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GREAT! Very creative descriptive. Lots of pictures popped into my mind. Now write a story around a couple of them.

    I may try this. Sounds like fun. Of course, if would be even more fun with an instructor nearby to help me walk the territory. Maybe we can do some writing exercises while we're in Oregon. I'd like that. Are we bringing laptops? Is that a no no? I'd think I'd like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It felt like you were describing some of my days..but much better than I could describe my feelings..

    ReplyDelete