Monday, March 23, 2009

A Bouquet of Roses


Two dozen lovely yellow roses
Are displayed on my dining room table
Opening their buds to reveal their
Great beauty created by God

Given by a grateful neighbor friend
In appreciation for my friendly help
Received with surprise and delight
They brighten my quiet uneventful days

Reminding me of other special occasions
Celebrated with fresh bouquets
My wedding corsage, our anniversaries,
The birth of my last son and Valentines Days

How sweet to be so remembered
By others-be they family or friends
A brief thank you note would suffice
But flowers express more thoughtfulness

Taking the time to express appreciation
Through purchasing the bouquet then
Delivering them with sincere wishes
Really made my Saturday much brighter

 The roses will be preserved as a reminder
Of a new relationship strengthened 
Memories of life’s experiences shared
In the beginning of a new friendship

8 comments:

  1. the teacher in RS yesterday brought in this huge bouquet of roses..yellow but tipped in burnt orange...breathtaking They are Robert's favorite flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve nothing less, my friend! They are nearly as lovely as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! And well deserved. And these roses are breathtakingly beautiful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiufl and bright! Thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Lin! What a lovely bouquet! Thanks so much for posting photos so we could share glimpses of their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember the last time I got roses..Just beautiful and you certainly deserved them....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What nice neighbors. What a generous, thoughtful, loving gesture. I hope your neighbor reads your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful flowers but I love your table top even more! I think your friends probably love their poem in return!

    ReplyDelete