Julia Cameron's book "The Writing Diet: Writing Yourself Right-Size." Great ideas from the author of "Artist's Way" and many other creative books full of ideas and suggestions to try to improve yourself. She, the author, noticed as people wrote their way to more creative lives they also seemed to loose weight and value themselves more.
In this book, she suggests:
1. MORNING PAGES-write daily three pages of free association to clear your mind
2. JOURNAL-what you eat, why and feelings about eating-is it for comfort or company or some other reason?
3. WALKING DAILY-helps metabolism and breathing plus gets you going
4. THE FOUR QUESTIONS to ask before eating-Am I hungry, Is this what I want to eat, Is this what I want to eat now and Is there something that I can eat instead?
5. CULINARY ARTIST DATES-outings to try new foods wisely
6. HALT-am I just Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired?
7. BODY BUDDY-a friend to encourage you with this program