Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Friend

written by Dinah M. Craik (1866)
sent to me by my friend Mary Quite


...Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible
comfort of feeling safe with a person,
having neither to weigh thoughts
nor measure words,
but pouring them all right out,
just as they are
chaff and grain together;
certain that a faithful hand will
take and sift them,
keeping what is worth keeping
and then
with a breath of kindness,
blow the rest away . . .

AND another award from Tery who has a wonderful blog on writing ideas- check it out. I think the award combines Best Friends, Lemonade and Sisterhood award. I'm suppose to award to it to ten other bloggers but I'd like to give all you blogging friends out there this award. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, even if you don't comment. You are my Internet friend.

7 comments:

  1. All different degrees of friendship, and the one you speak of is golden and cherished. Thank God for friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most excellent poem. It is sweet to find such a person to call friend and companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweet person! Your comments on my blog are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin, Thanks for sharing that poem. I've always thought it a beautiful one.

    And congrats on that triple award! Yahhhh! I'm so glad our blogging paths crossed! I enjoy reading thoughtful and often thought-provoking postings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the greatest awards that I've ever received is that you are my friend.... something I am and always will be grateful for.

    This world of blogging has introduced me to so many wonderul women. We live all over the country... have had a wide range of experiences, hold diverse opinions, are at varying stages of life... and each and every one has grabbed hold of my heartstrings and it's become very important to me to keep abreast of what they're doing...and how they're doing. It's been one of the highlights of my life this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great poem written back in 1866? Friendship never goes out of style...and congrats on the award Lin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your awards, Lin. You are a wonderful friend to all of us.

    ReplyDelete