Sunday, January 11, 2009

How Answers Come

I woke up this morning thinking of the topic...how answers come. I'm talking about prayers and the inspiration that can follow. Sudden thoughts that come into your mind and heart...that can guide you to new horizons in your life. A big part of it is clearing the stress from your mind and worries from your heart so you are open to new thoughts then taking time to pray and meditate.

Here's an interesting book my friend Mary suggested reading:

Restoring the Sacred Rhythm of Rest by Wayne Muller.

"All of life requires a rhythm of rest. There is a rhythm in the way day dissolves into night, and night into morning. There is a rhythm as the active growth of spring and summer is quieted by the necessary dormancy of fall and winter. There is a tidal rhythm, a deep, eternal conversation between the land and the great sea. . . In our bodies, the heart perceptibly rests after each life-giving beat; the lungs rest between the exhale and the inhale. . . The Sabbath is more than the absence of work. It is a sanctuary." Have a peaceful inspiring Sabbath.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, Lin! I felt the rest of your posting this morning! Thank you!

    I too am always on the lookout for ways to bring back that sabbath rest and rhythm in my own journey. Thanks for the book suggestion. Will watch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmm..........interesting, well there is absolutely nothing wrong with clearing stress.

    Just stopped by from "At The stating Gate". Have a blessed evening and a fabulous week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this, Lin. Big time. (As I'm sure you know.)

    This post made me think of the Celtic bards who slept by day and wrote by night, awaking to whatever poem met them in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lin, this is beautiful! I like the way you cited the rhythm of day to night, etc. That's very interesting...

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rhythm... such an essential and overlooked part of our existence.
    I'm ever so pleased that you were impressed to share these beautiful, uplifting thoughts with us.

    I may have to look up that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting..I agree that there are natural rhythms which we need to listen too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great book..thanks for sharing that excerpt...I once read that on the sabbath, time stands still and all of us are on the same plane. Resting from the world and basking in the light of the gospel..

    ReplyDelete