Friday, January 9, 2009

Another Birthday Boy

Check my post last year at this time for a birth photo of my second son Daniel who celebrates his birthday today. He is forty...wow that makes me feel older already. What a joy he has been and a blessing to my life as we've talked though the years, shared similar experiences and insights in our journey called Life. Sure love him and each of my four distinctly unique sons. Photos below-Dan with his older brother Frank and Dan again with his younger brother Brook who was 15 months older but almost the same size-they were almost like twins. There's another brother that came along 14 years later Jeff. Lots of boys and scouting over the years.
























11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful boys, Lin! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four boys - wow you really had quite a crew! Wonderful famly photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tears well as the memories flood.

    It's such a treat to see your children as youngsters. It recalls to mind the times I cleaned hundreds of polywogs out of the wading pool, and found naked little boys playing in the reservior with their Sunday clothes folded neatly in the sand at the water's edge, and put out the fire they started trying to burn ants at the side of the garage..

    Little boys were such an adventure to raise. It's hard to imagine that they are all tall, handsome, centered men who grew into their adulthood with courage and grace.

    Happy Birthday Dan. And many, many more.... What a treasure you have in your sons, Lin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the picture of your boys on the rocking horse. They are darling! Such a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to look back at the pics of our kids when they were little, and we were young!
    Jan. 8th is my grandson's birthday. He is now six. Wow! Already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son will be 30 in June-and I can't believe it!
    Four sons! You must have many great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your son--and to you, proud mom. These photos are so natural and sweet and lovely. They make me smile. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy cow, that means you had five men in the house! No walking naked through the house for you!

    I had two boys, no girls, no naked walking either. I love my boys they are so much fun.

    These pictures are precious Lin, happy birthday. Happy birthday to Dan too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw the pics I had just one thing to say. Kay said it first but I have to say it again...

    Beautiful, beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photos of the boys..A very happy (belated) birthday to your son...

    ReplyDelete