Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Utah Grandkids


It was fun to see the grandkids again. They are all, but the youngest, getting ready for school to start. The twins Emilee (above) and Heather will be in 5th grade, Nathan starts kindergarten (notice his creative crocodile in bottom photo) and James the youngest (see photo below) gets mom Tina all to himself at home. James surprised me by sitting at the piano and pretending to play notes not just pounding the keys like kids sometimes do. 

James may have musical talent at age two, his great grandmother (my mom) would be so pleased as she always wanted someone in the family to play the piano (I wasn't interested at age 7-12). I love to be called grandma or as James says grandpomp or something like that for both my husband and I. I tried to straighten him out and explain that I was grand-ma and my husband was grand-pa, and I think he got it cause he called my husband daddy. LOL! It takes a while for some family names to get straightened out but fun to be with family. My son Daniel cooked a lovely meal and the newlyweds-my other son Jeff and his wife Rachel were there also.

6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful grandkids. I remember having a loving, bragging grandma. Now my mom is one. What a great gift you give these children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh!! It's so great to hear you talk so happily about visits with the kids. Life is looking pretty sweet for you, isn't it?

    I NEED a Lin fix!! We really need to plan a lunch/yakkity yak/play date sometime. SOON.

    I'll e-mail you and let's see what we can figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson is five and he now understands the meaning of the word "spoil". He heartily agrees that his grandmothers spoil him. Isn't it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have beautiful grands, Lin. They look really happy and playful. Bet you all had so much fun. have a good day tomorrow. See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to have grandchildren. You are so lucky to have such beautiful ones and be able to spend time with them..Michelle

    ReplyDelete