Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reader's Location


Found a way to check out who is reading my blog and not commenting. Just added a live traffic feed called Feedjit. I saw it on Dawn Mercedes blog and wondered how she got all that information on people who were looking at her blog. So I just clicked on the button on her blog and it told me how to add this widgit to my blog's template. It's fun although it doesn't disclose the name of who is reading your blog, it does have the location city and state. You can even add a world map to show your readers. See it on this page at the bottom right of my blog.

I know the location of many of my regular readers who do comment, so I can see how many new or unknown locations or people are checking out my blog. BUT I still wish everyone who reads my blog would persist in getting registered with Google so they could comment OR at least would take the time to comment as an anonymous person. That's what makes blogging fun! Once you are registered with Google then you can start your own blog quite easily and we are here to help you join us and our community of friendly bloggers being creative and having a voice on the Internet.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for that scoop, Lin. I have wondered about that but never followed through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I don't always comment when I visit. Sometimes I just don't have anything to add or I feel that others have already said it all...and better than I can.

    I've thought about adding Feedjit to my blog. But then I read that some people don't like to visit blogs that have Feedjit. Smacks a little of Big Brother, I guess. And while I love comments, it's okay with me if people don't leave them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fun. I've seen it on other blogs too. I often visit blogs and leave without comment, especially if I don't have anything to add, or I don't think I have much in common with the writer. I prefer blogs with something to say, not just photos. I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. I haven't decided if I will add it, but I certainly agree with you about liking to hear from people who read my blog. I almost always add at leat a short comment, even when I do sky watch. Seems only polite to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much thought that people who read it left a comment. I don't think I've ever given much thought to how many people may be reading and not saying some kind of "howdy". I wonder if I'm like Carla dn it's okay with me if they don't say anything. Although... it's always nice to know when someone agrees with you, and it's great to hear a different point of view. hmmmm... don't think I'll add that. Heck, I've never even figured out how to add a readeer to my list of blogging pals... I just get to everyone through Lin's site, or Chandi's site. I really like how you can see when someone posts something new on Lin's site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Wow, Lin! This looks like so much fun. I've seen it on other people's blogs but didn't know how to do it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Wow, Lin! This looks like so much fun. I've seen it on other people's blogs but didn't know how to do it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lin, Sorry about that double comment. I don't know how it happened. Could you delete one of them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ambivilant about it. I thought about getting it but changed my mind. I often visited a couple of sites regularly, a lot - I loved them. Once I got a glimpse of how often I appeared on their counter thingy, I felt like a dang stalker. I stopped visiting so often. That's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use google Analytics. It tracks my blog and the vcpnews website that I run. It is fun because it also tracks how people find my blog. What keywords were used in a search engine that led them to me as well as if they were referred by another site and which sites those are. I don't know what this provides, maybe it is the same thing, but if not you may want to try it.

    ReplyDelete