Saturday, January 5, 2008

Let's try that again...


Green Christmases...I was going to rewrite Irving Berlin's song "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" after singing it at a ward party in balmy St. George Utah. But when I looked up the lyrics to his song this is what I found to my amazement. (Photo is my front door at Christmastime. I'm very happy with green Christmases having grown up and lived in Southern California much of my life.)


"The sun is shining, the grass is green,
The orange and palm trees sway.
I've never seen such a day,
But it's December the 24th
And I'm longing to be up north.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know,
Where the treetops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
With every Christmas card I write,
May your days be merry and bright,
And may all your Christmases be white."

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, well, being from the Midwest, I'm keeping my Christmas White! Though, it's supposed to warm up in the next few days...our white is going to turn to brown...as in MUD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember much whiter Christmases in my childhood than what we experience today. Sad in so many way. I think for me, I will always hope for a white Christmas on Christmas week but as I age, I have enjoyed the moments that are white for Christmas (eve if it's a smattering of the the stuff) and then hope for the thaw. Like this year.

    ReplyDelete