Tuesday, March 24, 2020

So What am I DOING?

With all this free time on my hands, I volunteered with some sisters from our Church's Relief Society to make hospital masks for a daughter of one of our members (who lives in Tucson Arizona and works with NIC newborns intensive care.) They are without masks because of the needs for other medical workers helping corona virus patients. So with the help of a  tutorial, and there are many of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJcE-r7kcg&feature=youtu.be there are 10 of us trying out our forgotten sewing skills and learning to make masks. It helps to feel productive in this time of severe stress. Rather than worry, we keep busy in a positive way. Many women all over are volunteering their labors in their individual states or countries.

It helps to have the pieces already cut to size by Wanda B.

It's been awhile since I've sewn anything but my machine still works!

Amazing all the steps in the tutorial without sounds has but it helps!
Several hours later I have made the first mask, hopefully the others will be faster.

Looks good, has a wire in top for nose and opening in back for filters

I'm smiling but your can't see it...now to make the second one.




3 comments:

  1. I made masks for the family today. I'll post about it later. Mine don't have wore though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I'm making masks too. So far, the wire didn't truly help me. I'm trying different designs right now.

    ReplyDelete