Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Follow Your Dreams

Off to vacation in Bonners Ferry, idaho
Well, we've now lived here in St. George for 10+ years as I've followed my dreams of writing, becoming a weekly newspaper columnist (6 years), and self publishing 5 books. It's been fun, but lots of hard work. I've taught several classes on writing your life story, creativity and poetry. Then I decided several years ago to focus on poetry so during those years I've served as president of Dixie Poets, started a Youth Poetry Contest for our community and chaired Poetry in the Park for 6+ years plus served in the Utah State Poetry Society as Chapter Coordinator and Blogmaster. See http://utahpoetry.blogspot.com Did I mention the other blogs I do also Letters from Lin where you are now will soon be 10  years old. Now it's time to focus elsewhere at least for the summers.

All these years my hubby has supported me in living in this metropolitan area although his dreams were somewhere else-he wants to homestead in the woods of Northern Idaho. So we are going to explore that possibility for our hot summers at least to have a summer place in coolness surrounded by green pines and clear streams. It's a good reason for a vacation up north this coming weekend. Who knows....serendipity awaits.

1 comment: