|At age 81, he shares his wisdom|
I liked this ARTICLE today from CNN entitled Daili Lama:Five Things to Keep in Mind During the Next Four Years:
1. WORK ON COMPASSION and start by developing it for yourself. "Mainly," he said, feeling happy is largely about "your own mental attitude." If you remain someone who is "honest, truthful," about how you feel, you can find happiness "no matter what (the) surrounding situation."
2. TAKE TIME TO THINK-meditate (or pray) Thinking more deeply, you start to realize, His Holiness said, that "nothing exists as (it) appears."
3. ANGER BE GONE-If you do feel angry about the election, or any other circumstance, don't let it dominate your thoughts.
4. HELP OTHERS-"try to be of some service to others." If you can help others, then "no matter what (the) surrounding situation, you can keep (up your) self-confidence and happiness."
5. ACT LIKE A KID-Finally, be playful and childlike. Children, the Dalai Lama said are "very honest" and often accept people without judgment.