Friday, December 5, 2014

Time for a Weekend Getaway


Flying north to Salt Lake City to visit family in Utah Valley again. We were just there last weekend but I'm returning alone for my 50th Folk Dance Reunion at Brigham Young University. Will attend with two daughters-in-law and three grand daughters the annual concert Christmas Around the World featuring dances from many different countries. Then afterwards there will be a reception to honor those early dancers in 1964 that made the first tour to Europe. I was only 24 years old then, graduated from college and had been teaching dance at BYU for two years. That summer I would marry and begin another adventure in living. It was a trip of a lifetime.



I have a tour history online with photos and journal of my trip. Just click here.

That's me on the far right, young and skinny!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lin...what an adventure. I know about your writing, but had no idea of the dance talent. Have a fun time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe it has been 50 years? I'b\ve had my 50th high school reunion, and it won't be long before it will be 50 years since finishing college.
    That trip must have been a wonderful experience, especially back there in the "dark ages" when travel was less common.

    ReplyDelete