Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Looking Back over FIFTY Years

Recently I attended my fiftieth year reunion at BYU. In 1964, I graduated with my Masters degree in Physical Education (Dance), went on the FIRST European tour with the BYU Folk Dancers and got married to my first husband in the the SLC temple. What a summer! Seeing my classmates from long ago was thrilling this past weekend as we hugged and shared memories. Two of our dance troupe have died from cancer. Many others I couldn't locate through our alumni directory. My name is those days was Linda Vernon later to be changed to Lin.



Graduation with my Masters of Arts

Engagement photo at age 23

My grandparents: standing the Vernons, seated GMJohnson
Looking back, it's fun to recall all the experiences in my life that have brought me to where I am now as I approach my 75th birthday next July...Getting married opened the way for my family to rise up around me as I had four sons and now seven grandchildren. Love them all.


6 comments:

  1. I loved seeing these photos of you. You had an exciting life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time we are in our 70's there is a lot to look back on. We can see how the choices we made way back then determined the course of our lives.
    Interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 75? I would never have guessed, nor did I remember. You always seem to be as you were in 1972 when I married Robert. Let's keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... the years fly by in a hurry!

    Enjoyed catching a glimpse of you in your youth.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are having a wonderful life, Lin.

    ReplyDelete