Friday, November 7, 2014

Nice to be APPRECIATED

So here is the email message I sent to the editor of the Senior Sampler to announcement my retirement or resignation from being an unpaid volunteer for the past almost 6 years:

Hi-Still working on this week's article. I'm thinking after 300 plus articles and 5 and 1/2 years of writing this weekly column, it's time for me to step down and let someone else have a try with it. I'm running out of ideas...lol! I can still send in weekly articles till the end of Dec or Nov if you have someone in mind to use before the end of the year. Let me know. It's been fun but as I approach my 75th birthday next year, it's time to move on to other projects. I've enjoyed working with you. Thanks, Lin

And his response:

And I thought you were only around 52 years old and would be writing for another 20 years at least!! Ha Ha!! Well so sorry to have to lose ya, if you can keep the ideas and material flowing until the end of December that would be great! We really appreciate all your work and articles and of course we, and the readers, are gonna miss ya - but time and tide wait for no man (or woman even) and other avenues and opportunities lay ahead! Many thanks, Editor of Senior Sampler

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you were writing the articles as a volunteer. He should definitely be thankful, and nice that he sent you a note back.

    ReplyDelete