Saturday, January 2, 2010

Published once more

When its been awhile since you have been published even though you are submitting material, it's encouraging when you have an article appear somewhere and receive payment for your labors. Mind you I'll never get rich at $75 for 800 words but it's helpful to my self esteem to know that someone values my work with words. So I've had an article "Turn the Hearts of the Children" published in the Jan 2010 issue of Desert Saints Magazine. Check it out, I talk about the importance of sharing with your children and grand children your experiences with your parents and grandparents therefore turning their hearts to their ancestors.

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful article Lin. I agree, it would be a great family project to work on together. My oldest son loves to talk "history" and that pleases me so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lin! I had two magazine articles published many years ago, and even though I received no payment, it felt good to see my name in print and be appreciated for my thoughts. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Lin! You did a fabulous job with that article. I can see why it was published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lin. I was talking with one of my brothers a couple of days before Christmas, and we agreed that we wish now that we'd asked our mother more questions about her life before we came along. So much family history died when she died.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Lin. That is wonderful. I am glad you were recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Lin. It's great when your hard work pays off and a goal is achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very good article and I agree that more children could use a link to their past and something to hold onto in the present....

    ReplyDelete