Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Visiting Lake Louise/Banff

It's gorgeous up here, it's also Canada Day today-like our fourth of July. I keep forgetting I'm in another country until we try to buy something with our American money. Finally broke down and found an ATM to get some Canadian money-it feels like play money. Most things gas, food and lodging we can charge with our credit card and our bank at home will make take care of the conversion from Canadian to US dollars. We couldn't even get close to Lake Louise today it was too crowded but saw lots of other gorgeous sights on the way there. Glaciers on the tops of most mountains.




9 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous...its bit confusing while shopping in another country...local people help though...i hope you get a closer look of Lake Louise....enjoy...keep posting beautiful pics.Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are breath taking photos, I gasped after looking at each one!
    I'm up late but I can sleep now and have wonderful dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous! Lucky you to be there to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beautiful Canadian Rockies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, so breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing and brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of my beloved Rockies, Lin! And I got a kick out of your take on the money. Did you ever see the old pink 2-dollar bill? That one was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been there...and it IS gorgeous!!! I love Canada! And love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scenery is just so awesome. I know what you mean about Canadian money, it does look so different from our own....

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh.... Lin is livin the good life with her man, her camera, and her laptop. and... after reading your last post today, I'd guess a small bag of goodies.

    sigh...

    ReplyDelete