Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's my BIRTHDAY


Oh no, not another birthday!
I just had one and you know
what that means...another year
older and wiser or whatever.

Guess it depends on me, what
another year brings. Right now
I'm focused on seeing less of me.
Pound wise and I'm succeeding.

But it is hard work, takes lots
of self control to eat less,
eat smarter and exercise lots,
but it's well worth the effort.

The future of "me" is up to me
only me. I can become smarter,
thinner, more compassionate
or the opposite by my choices.

So I choose life, liberty and
the pursuit of happiness in my
empty nest or retirement years,
more fun and new adventures.


Well, 62 years later here I am with a lovely bouquet of my favorite flowers-daisies from my hubby for my birthday. The card he gave me had a dog on the cover with a rose in his mouth, inside it said: "Special delivery from the neighbor's garden. Happy Birthday with Love!" I love you! Allen." Quite a lovely surprise, then we went out to dinner to Olive Garden and enjoyed their soup, salad and breadsticks all you can eat and a lovely "no sugar added" chocolate torta with vanilla sauce and fresh strawberries-a lovely birthday cake for me. Later we'll go to see the movie "Up." We celebrated my birthday on Saturday since it falls on Sunday this year.

16 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday Lin. What a cute before picture and a beautiful after picture. So glad that you're in my blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful celebration (especially that almost totally guilt-free no-sugar chocolate thing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No pics of the food???

    Happy birthday, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Lin! What a sweetie your hubbie is! Enjoy your special day! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lin. I hope you have a lovely day and hear from all your children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so good on the photo! Hope you have had a wonderful day! It was so nice talking to you this morning.
    I have enjoyed reading your blog, remember the school desks - we had them in Sweden as well.
    Love you!
    Gittan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday, Lin! So far, everything has been wonderful (dinner, flowers, etc). Thanks for sharing. I hope the rest of the day is as beautiful as the first part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Lin! It sounds like you had a great time...flowers, out to dinner, a movie. Good for you! And the pictures are super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting us know it's your birthday. You look fabulous! And your celebratory outing sounds perfect! Nice flowers too.

    Here's wishing you a year blessed with good health and joy-filled days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIN!

    I am glad your weight loss goals are working out and happy that you received such a nice bouquet and celebration from your man. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Lin..I am so sorry that I am a day late....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday! (I've been away for a week.) Your celebration sounded lovely, and I'm also want to see "Up."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, almost twin. Mines the 17th. We'll both be good to ourselves because we deserve it.

    ReplyDelete